- Full Text Not Available
- Library Only
Big Interview's powerful video tutorials and virtual interview practice software will help you learn key concepts, build confidence, and prepare for your interview. Created by one of the top interview coaches in the US, Big Interview gives you the advantage you need to land your dream job.
Includes on-the-job interviews with professionals and provides additional reading on industry issues and history, useful Web sites, industry jargon, and much more. Also includes information on interviewing, job hunting, networking and writing resumes. Information on using social networking sites for job-hunting and electronic resumes is included.
Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center, a comprehensive job/industry/career database, is broken down into three main sections covering Jobs and Industry Profiles; Job Hunting and Workplace Skills; and Career and Industry Resources. Videos present essential career information on specific jobs, industries, and skills. The Jobs section contains information on sixteen industry clusters. The Skills section gives advice on applying for a job, acing an interview, and behaving professionally. Sample résumés and cover letters are also included. The Resources section includes information about apprenticeships and internships to help you realize and eventually attain your career goals.
Search for vocational/technical, undergraduate, graduate, and nursing schools using the College Planning and Financial Aid section. Find information on choosing a major, getting into the college of your choice and applying for student loans.
The Career Interest Assessment allows you to discover occupations and industries that are best suited to your personal interests and strengths.
Click on Career Opportunities News to get advice and insight from career counselors and human resource specialists on presenting your best professional image.
As an added feature, be sure to create a login to access your personal folder that will save your career guidance searches.
Take a practice test or exam. Topics cover reading, writing, arithmetic, college entrance exams and more.
This database will help with career tools to help find a profession, skills training required, and expectations of a selected career path. You can also create a resume and cover letter, and find advice on career changes, interviewing, and salary negotiations. You can download created resumes into a PDF format.
ResumeMaker is a premium resume builder and career guide. Having a professional looking resume is just the start of your job search. ResumeMaker provides you with professionally written cover letter examples, in-depth career advice, salary information and job search tools
- (-) Remove Job & Career Guidance filter Job & Career Guidance
- Auto Repair (1) Apply Auto Repair filter
- Biographies (2) Apply Biographies filter
- Books, Literature & Reviews (11) Apply Books, Literature & Reviews filter
- Business, Investing & Marketing (14) Apply Business, Investing & Marketing filter
- Current Events & Social Issues (3) Apply Current Events & Social Issues filter
- Early Learning (1) Apply Early Learning filter
- Genealogy (3) Apply Genealogy filter
- General Reference (8) Apply General Reference filter
- Grants & Foundations (2) Apply Grants & Foundations filter
- Health & Medicine (2) Apply Health & Medicine filter
- Homework Help (4) Apply Homework Help filter
- Language Learning (4) Apply Language Learning filter
- Magazines & Journals (7) Apply Magazines & Journals filter
- Newspapers (11) Apply Newspapers filter
- Recursos en Español (4) Apply Recursos en EspaÃ±ol filter