Library Social Workers
Our social workers are available and ready to help.
The Library Social Workers provide one-on-one assistance and referral for:
- Career Skills Training
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Food / SNAP Benefits
- Government Services
- Healthcare / Marketplace
- Information on Housing
- Reemployment Guidance
Choose an option below to connect with the Library Social Worker.
Option 2: Walk in visit at branch locations. *
- Mondays: Alafaya Branch and South Trail Branch
- Tuesdays: Southeast Branch and Hiawassee Branch
- Wednesdays: South Creek Branch and Fairview Shores Branch
- Thursdays: Chickasaw Branch and North Orange Branch
- Alternate Fridays and Saturdays: Alafaya Branch
- South Trail: 2nd, 3rd, 4th Friday of the month, 1st Saturday of the month
* Subject to change
Option 3: Request a phone call or email.
Claiming Unemployement Benefits in Florida (English & Spanish)
Learn How to Claim Unemployment Benefits in Florida
Aprenda Cómo Reclamar Beneficios de Desempleo en Florida
For FY 21-22, 66% of total costs for Social Workers @ the Library ($125,541) is supported with federal money. 34% of this project ($64,133) is supported by local funding. The total budget for the project is $189,674.
This project was funded under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Florida’s LSTA program is administered by the Department of State’s Division of Library and Information Services.