The Fairview Shores Branch is located on Lee Road near I-4. Fairview Shores is situated to serve a wide community including College Park, Lockhart, Fairview Shores and Rosemont.
The Fairview Shores Branch first opened its doors in 1950 as the College Park Branch at 703 Smith Street. The branch moved several times over the next four decades. In 1997, the branch opened as the Edgewater Branch at its last home at 5049 Edgewater Drive in the Northgate Plaza. This location served the neighboring communities for approximately 22 years and is now expanding its reaches to the wider surrounding communities as it transforms to the new Fairview Shores Branch.
The new Fairview Shores Branch, located in the heart of the Adanson Marketplace, opened on June 3, 2019. The new location benefits from the bustle of activities with a pull from anchor stores in the shopping center.
Services and Programs
- The library collection offers a wide variety of books, entertainment and informational DVDs and a diverse selection of CD music. These are available in physical, downloadable and streaming formats. In addition, we have a mail service (MAYL) that gives you the security and assurance of getting materials delivered to your home. This means that if it is not available at this location but is available at any of our other 15 locations you will be able to request that item to be delivered to you.
- Public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the the Library catalog. We also offer free Wifi if you prefer to work from your own device.
- Our computer lab allows us to teach a wide variety of technology classes for adults and children. Our friendly and knowledgeable Technology and Customer Support Specialists teach over fifty classes a month.
- Regularly scheduled Story Programs each week. Smarty Pants is a fun-filled story program with a learning twist that teaches, motivates and entertains. Recommended for ages 0-5.
- Various programs and displays for adults and children are offered throughout the year.