Built in 2005, the Winter Garden branch sits at the westernmost part of Orange County. This was the last branch opened before the Great Recession of 2008. Interestingly, this is the only branch in the county built on donated land. Two acres were donated by the family of former citrus grove owner, Sylvester C. Battaglia. S.C. Battaglia’s philosophy, as stated by his son, was to “give back to the community.” The branch’s formal name S.C. Battaglia Memorial Branch, honors his contribution.
The Winter Garden Branch has all the charm of a small town library plus all of the resources available through the Orange County Library System. Noted for friendly and helpful staff, the branch is now serving a third generation of patrons.
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, audio books, informational and entertainment DVDs and music CDs.
- Public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- Drive-up window allowing patrons to return items or call ahead and pickup materials while remaining in their cars.
- Regularly scheduled Story Programs each week. Tiny Tales for babies ages birth to 18 months, Toddler Time for ages 18 to 36 months, Storybook Fun for Preschoolers.
- Various programs and displays for adults and children are offered throughout the year.