Two miles from the Orlando International Airport, the Southeast Branch is located in the Terracotta Business Park. Included on the property are various terracotta statues of Chinese warriors and horses to enhance the name of the center. Within the business park are Sistema Universitario Ana G. Mendez, a Veteran's Center, an EMT training center, other businesses and various fast food restaurants.
Services and Programs
- Southeast's modern library collection includes books, audio books, current DVDs, CDs, and recorded books for children. The branch holds an expansive Spanish language collection.
- Public computers offer Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog. The children's department offers 4 computer stations with games for the children to enjoy. The branch has 5 Early Literacy Stations™ (ELS) which are self-contained bilingual educational computers for children, with over 56 top-rated educational software programs spanning seven curricular areas. This was made possible by a Congressional Directed Grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services.
- Meeting rooms – Southeast offers 2 meeting rooms for community groups and associations.
- The computer lab houses 12 computers and technical staff to teach over 50 technology classes a month. Classes are offered in English and Spanish.
- The Language Learning Lab provides 6 computers with Mango Languages, Rocket Languages, and English Language Learning Interactive Software (ELLIS) to help patrons gain language skills.
- Come join the fun for regularly scheduled Children's Story Programs each week. Tiny Tales for babies ages birth to 18 months, Toddler Time for ages 18 to 36 months, Storybook Fun for Preschoolers.
- Special Community Events and displays offer adults and children additional resources throughout the year.