The West Oaks Branch and Genealogy Center is located in the historic city of Ocoee near the intersection of Silver Star and Clark Roads. The branch opened in August 2001 and was designed by Harvard, Jolly, Clees, Toppe Architecture Firm. The West Oaks Branch provides exceptional library services to the nearly 50,000 residents of Ocoee and surrounding areas. In January 2015, the branch became the new Genealogy Center for Orange County, housing a collection of over 30,000 genealogy books. The Library is the official repository of the Florida State Society Daughters of the American Revolution. The construction of the West Oaks Branch and Genealogy Center was funded by the Library System and a Florida Library Construction Grant.
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, audio books, informational and entertainment videos and DVDs, as well as music CDs.
- Public computers offering Internet access, word processing and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- Our Technology Classroom houses eight computers and allows us to teach classes for PC and MAC users. Our friendly and knowledgeable Technology and Customer Support Specialists teach over fifty classes a month.
- Drive-up window allowing patrons to return items while remaining in their cars.
- Regularly scheduled Story Programs each week. Tiny Tales for babies ages birth to 18 months, Toddler Time for ages 18 to 36 months, Storybook Fun for Preschoolers.
- Various programs and displays for adults and children are offered throughout the year.