The Hiawassee Branch began as a bookmobile station in 1962 and was first known as the Pine Hills Library. In later moves the branch became the West Colonial branch and in March 2000, Hiawassee. In early 2010, the Hiawassee Branch moved to a new home near the corner of Hiawassee Road and West Colonial Drive in the Highland Lakes shopping plaza.
Services and Programs
- The library collection includes books, audio books on CD, informational and entertainment DVDs, and recorded music CDs.
- Public computers offering Internet access, word processing, and online reference resources including the Library catalog.
- One meeting room is available for public use by groups. Please contact the branch for more information.
- Regularly scheduled Zero to Five Storytime each week.
- Various programs and displays for adults and children are offered throughout the year.