Making the Most of Your Library Card
Welcome to the Orange County Library System. Here’s how to get the most from your card and your library.
Let’s Get Started!
Some important things to remember about using your card:
- For the first 2 weeks while we complete the verification process, your card will be in a temporary status which offers you many services including the opportunity to checkout up to ten items.
- Notify the Library immediately (407.835.7323) if your card is lost or misplaced so it can be deactivated. Caution: you will be responsible for items/fines/fees that accumulate on your card until the loss is reported.
- Please remember that your card may not be used by anyone other than you.
- If your home address, phone number, or email address changes please notify the Library immediately by calling us, visiting any location or by submitting the information online at www.ocls.info through “Log in to My Account”. If you have requested materials and they are delivered to the incorrect address you will remain responsible.
Your card will allow you to check out physical materials, including books, DVDs, music CDs, and audiobooks in a variety of formats. You can also attend classes and programs with your card, as well as call Questline (407-835-7323) to ask a question or get help with your account.
Now Get a PIN!
Your PIN is a gateway to convenient Internet and telephone services that are available 24/7. Once you obtain a PIN, here’s what you can do with your library card when online:
- Check your account and renew materials.
- Place requests for home delivery.
- Book a meeting room or a Main Library study room.
- Register for a computer class or program.
- Use e-books and download audiobooks.
- Download songs from a database of thousands of titles.
- Access Learning & Research for newspapers, periodicals, homework help, language learning, and more.
In person at an OCLS location, having a PIN will allow you to:
- Access free WiFi.
- Use a computer to access the Internet or use a variety of applications.
- Use a self-service checkout station
All materials check out for 21 days. You’ll get an itemized receipt with each checkout.
Most circulating materials are eligible to be renewed up to five times. Three days prior to their due date, any eligible item will automatically be renewed. If an item is on hold or you have a block on your card, the item will not be eligible for renewal. Materials can also be renewed by visiting “Log in to My Account” at ocls.info, or calling our Renewal Line, (407) 835-7323 (option 2).
Materials may be returned to any Orange County Library System location, regardless from which OCLS location they were checked out. You may request a check-in receipt at any location when you return items during open hours at the service desk or at the Drive-Up Window. Items returned to the after hours book drop, found at every location, are checked in the next day that location is open.
Customers will be charged the cost of the item for each item that is lost or damaged. If lost items are found in good condition within one month of payment, a refund may be issued. Please note that in order to control the quality and content of our collection, the library does not accept replacement copies in lieu of payment for damaged or lost materials. View the fees section for more information.
In order to check out, renew or request material, your account balance must be less than $10. You must have an account in good standing to download audiobooks, e-books or songs, sign up for a computer session, register for a computer class, or reserve a meeting room or study room. If you have questions about the status of your card, please contact us at email@example.com.
You may pay fees at any library location, or online by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) through your library card account, or by calling Questline at 407-835-7323. Please note that we do not accept personal checks.
Thank you for using the Orange County Library System. We look forward to serving you.