Orange County Library System (OCLS) has secured funds from the Emergency Connectivity Fund (ECF) to establish a Wi-Fi hotspot device (“Hotspot”) lending program to provide wireless broadband internet to customers who do not have access to the internet and need this service to meet their educational needs.
As per the ECF requirements, customers must certify that they have an educational need for internet service and do not have this service where they reside.
Image of Hotspot kit (Includes the case, charging cord, and hotspot device.)
To Get Started:
Turn on the hotspot by pressing and holding the Power button for two to three seconds. (If the device does not turn on, you may need to charge the hotspot using the included charging cord.)
- Wait about 10 seconds for the hotspot to turn on.
- Once the Network and Wi-Fi indicators are lit up, you’ll be able to connect your device.
- Search for available Wi-Fi networks from your device (laptop, phone, etc.)
- Select the network: SSID name on device (OCLS-1, OCLS-2, OCLS-3, etc.)
- Enter the password listed on the device.
- Launch your internet browser.
If the hotspot’s battery runs low, you can plug it into a wall outlet using the included charging cord. It may take three to four hours for the battery to fully charge, but it can be used while it is charging.
For additional assistance call OCLS at 407.835.7323 or T-Mobile at 844.361.1310.
Hotspot Lending Rules:
- Loan period: 30 days, no renewals.
- Hotspot Wi-Fi service will be turned off when overdue.
- Hotspots are available for adult resident, property owner, and fee card customers.
- Hotspots can be picked up at any Orange County Library System location.
- Hotspots can be placed on hold but must be picked up at a designated library location.
- Fees for lost or damaged parts: Hotspot ($25); charger or case ($5).
- Hotspots can be returned to any Orange County Library System location or book drop.
- If the hotspot is not returned within 14 days of the due date, you will be charged $25.
Hotspots are unsecured wireless networks. You are cautioned against transmitting sensitive or personal information. The library does not track any internet usage. By using the Hotspot, you are agreeing that you will not take part in any illegal activities. The library is not responsible for any files, data, or personal information accessed or transmitted using the Wi-Fi Hotspot.
Hotspots are heat sensitive, please do not leave in a car or in direct sunlight.