If you’re trying to find a missing title that you’ve placed on hold, there are a few reasons why you might not be able to find it.
Four reasons you might not find your hold:
- The same library card must be used to place and retrieve holds. For example, if you place a title on hold using a family member’s library card, and then log in with your own card to retrieve that hold, the title will not appear.
- You may not have retrieved the title during the hold period set by the library or consortium. Remember, titles are held for a limited time before they are returned to the collection. The email notice you receive lets you know how long the title will be held.
- You may have added the title to your cart, but not completed the checkout within the allotted time period. Titles remain in your cart for a limited time before they are returned to the collection.
- You may have finished checking out. An easy way to check this is to take a look at your checked out items in your digital library account section.
Tips on retrieving your hold:
- Be sure to place a hold and retrieve your hold with the same library card.
- Be sure to retrieve your hold as soon as you receive the hold notification email.
- Be sure to proceed to checkout immediately after you add the title to your cart.
If you don’t see your hold listed, please contact us through the Help Desk form for further assistance.