Check with your local branch for more information regarding volunteer positions at their location.
Orange County Library’s Teen Volunteer League currently offers multiple opportunities for middle and high school students to earn community service hours systemwide!
Teen volunteer events are taking place across Orange County at participating library locations. Assist in tasks ranging from assembling craft kits and supplies for library programs, to testing out classes and more! Register for upcoming teen volunteer events and earn up to two hours of community service per event.
Take part in creating and assembling literary magazines at participating library branches! Submit short stories, poetry, artwork, photography, comics, and reviews to a community magazine for volunteer service hours. Submissions are required to earn hours. Guidelines will be provided to registrants.
The library’s Middle and High School Advisory Boards call on students in Orange County to help make the library a welcoming and fun space for our community’s tweens. This year, the Middle School Advisory Board took part in reimagining the library’s teen volunteer image, including the logo you see on this page! Register for the monthly virtual events and earn an hour of community service for your participation.
Qualifications and Skills
- An interest in helping others
- Willingness to perform a variety of projects and tasks
- Dependability: willingness to complete assigned projects/tasks and fulfill volunteer commitment
- Capable of following instructions, working independently and focusing on fairly detailed tasks
- Ability to work cooperatively with other volunteers and staff members
- Be respectful to others and follow the OCLS Rules of Conduct
For More Information
If you have more questions about the Teen Volunteer League, you may contact AskOCLS@ocls.info or give us a call at 407.835.7323. You can also stop by your local library.