On May 1, 2023, the OverDrive app for iOS, Android, and Windows 8/10 will be discontinued. OverDrive users are encouraged to upgrade to the newer Libby app to browse, check out, and enjoy Orange County Library’s eBooks, audiobooks, and digital magazine collection.
It’s time to give Libby a try!
All your loans, holds, and wish list items on OverDrive will be waiting for you in Libby when you add your library card. Libby also comes with new features we know you’ll love, like:
- Tags to categorize books however you’d like—you can even sync your OverDrive wish list into a tag!
- A central bookshelf for all loans and holds.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Customizable notifications for ready holds, new magazine issues including National Geographic, The New Yorker and more.
- Extra learning and entertainment resources, like Kanopy, Craftsy, The Great Courses Library Collection and more.
Libby’s web browser format also includes these features and can be accessed here.
View the Switching to Libby from the OverDrive app user guide to learn how to sign in, navigate the app and customize your experience. If you need assistance installing or using the Libby app on your smartphone, tablet or computer, please contact us.
More Digital Collections
On hoopla, you can check out movies, music, audiobooks, and television shows from hoopla and enjoy them through your smartphone or tablet!
PressReader offers you unlimited access to 6,000+ newspapers and magazines from around the world, in 60+ languages – including the Orlando Sentinel.
Freading is a downloadable e-book service that provides unlimited and simultaneous downloads.
The cloudLibrary app gives you mobile checkout capabilities, library account management, and access to an Express Collection of e-books and digital audiobooks through your smartphone.