Let’s have some fun under the sea today!
Let’s start with some questions:
- What are some ocean animals?
- What does a dolphin sound like?
- What’s your FAVORITE ocean animal?
- Can you swim like a whale?
Now, let’s read a book!
Read any book you may have that mentions ocean animals. If you don’t have one, try a digital title! We’ll also be making our own book at the end.
We all know this song. You either love it or hate it (and your child probably loves it). Who’s ready for some Baby Shark? The fun thing about Baby Shark is that you can add other families. Is there a sister shark? How about a brother shark? What would they look like? Does the shark also want to play games? Make up new lyrics and hand motions as you go!
Do you know “Wheels on the Bus”? Let’s sing “Fish in the sea!”
The fish in the sea go swish, swish, swish, swish, swish, swish, swish, swish, swish
The fish in the sea go swish, swish, swish all day long.
Try with other animals or make up your own!
Dolphins in the sea swim round and round
The turtles in the sea go peek-a-boo
The waves on the sea go up and down
Interested in seeing what real ocean animals look like? National Geographic has a playlist of different animals so you can learn about them from home!
Let’s make a paper plate fish! Get a paper plate (or a normal piece of white paper cut in a circle) and cut a triangle out of one side to make a mouth. Next, take that triangle and glue it to the direct other side of the paper plate as a tail. Decorate! Easy paper plate fish!
Last, make your own ocean animal book!
- Staple papers together and have each page represent a different amount of ocean animals.
- Write (or have your child write) “This is a ____” on each page. (e.g. This is a whale; this is a turtle.)
- Illustrate! Draw or cut out pictures for each page.